Friday, June 5, 2009

Hallelujah

Finally, I have finished reading the New Testament. Thanks be to God. I find the Holy Bible to be the best "book" ever written. It is beyond interesting, perhaps it is interesting to those who do not yet believe. For believers it is fullfiling in everyway, for it is God. God is His Word. His Word is Him.

Now it may seem that I have been rushing to the finish line, that is true- very much so. But that is not the point, what is important is the reason- as Psycologist will tell you as they try to make you understand why they are having one-on-one sessions with prisoners, addicts or abusive individuals. "What is important is what made them do these things" - some will say. Well, what made me finish so quickly, a little more than a month, was that I was glued to the Bible all time. Meantime I have assigments which are soon due, exams around the corner and there are christian novels too, The Divine Visitor - Dr. Jack Hayford, Paul A Novel - Walter Wangerin, that were waiting on me. So why couldn't I just put off the Bible for a while then, that's the right question. First I was fascinated not by Paul's writing skills, but by the vast information and more importantly how Paul's letters are as they were addressed to the churches today. As if Paul's letters were not it enough, James came with his that made me want to read on and all along Peter was waiting for me with his chosen people, royal priesthood, holy nation belonging to God. I found myself in the scariest book, in midst of the four living creature covered in eyes and the ring of elders- all facing the throne of God. I was frightened at first, but all that left me as I became more and more vexed by the mystries therein. I honestly couldn't wait until I said "hallelujah" on this one. But it is in this book that I found comfirmation of what I believed, that we do not come into creation without registration. What I mean is that our names are written during birth - the physical. The last book reveals so. But I will first enquire about this finding before I can go any further.

God is good, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment